Hawaii-IBIS PRAMS Data Release Notes
General Release Notes
A new Demographics categoryWe introduced a new demographics category in this release. This section allows users to view detailed information about the PRAMS population. Please note that some of the demographic information is self-reported by the mother, and some comes directly from the birth certificate. The source of the data can be found by hovering over the question mark by the indicator selection title and under the Question Wording sub-heading in the Data Notes section of the indicator report.
Two new dimensions are now available
- Gestational age, which comes from the birth certificate and is categorized as early preterm (<32 weeks), preterm (32-36 weeks), normal term (37-41 weeks) and post term (42+ weeks).
- Birthweight, which comes from the birth certificate and is categorized as low (<2500 grams), normal (2500- 3,999 grams), or high (4,000+ grams).
New PRAMS indicators in 2016There are several new indicators available:
- Chronic disease - asthma before pregnancy
- Chronic disease - depression before pregnancy
- Chronic disease - thyroid problems before pregnancy
- Contraception after pregnancy - tubal ligation or vasectomy
- Contraception after pregnancy - used IUDs or implants
- Contraception after pregnancy - used pills, shots, rings or patches
- Contraception after pregnancy - used condoms
- Contraception after pregnancy - natural planning or withdrawal
- Contraception after pregnancy - abstinence
- Intention - intended pregnancy (2012+)
- Intention - pregnancy intention (2012+)
- Flu shot - offered by HCW in the 12 months b/f delivery
- Flu shot - received in the 12 months b/f delivery
- Oral health - dental visit for problem during pregnancy
- Oral health - dental insurance during pregnancy
- Infant - delivery type
- Infant's sex
- Mother's county of residence
- Mother's Census race
- Mother's DOH race-ethnicity
- Mother's program race
- Mother's education level
- Mother's ethnicity - Hispanic or Latina
- Mother's marital status
- Mother's poverty level (2 level): 0-185%, 186%+
- Mother's poverty level (3 level): 0-130%, 131-185%, 186%+
- Mother's poverty level (4 level): 0-100%, 101-185%, 186-300%, 301+%
- Mother's PRAMS age group: <20, 20-24, 25-34, 35+
- Mother's reproductive age group: 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45+
The primiparous dimension is not available in 2015 due to irregularities with the underlying data.
Mother's education level - this dimension comes from the birth certificate form. In 2014, the State of Hawaii transitioned to a new birth certificate form and this transition resulted in irregularities in this data field. Accordingly, mother's education will be suppressed from 2014 forward pending consultation with the Office of Health Status Monitoring at the Hawaii Department of Health.